It's official - Red Man Laughing will be back for a 5th season - we officially launch season 5 on Monday September 7th, 2015.
We're making this announcement because there almost wasn't a season 5. After much debate and after careful consideration it's been decided the show will back, BUT, will feature a few changes.
The goals for this show have always been bigger than what we can deliver - we work on NO budget, we work around Ryan's comedy/writing schedule and we try really hard to break new ground and create space in new places.
This is a really hard job. Sometimes a thankless job. Podcasting is not easy - ask a podcaster.
We think we have a plan and we think we know how we can move forward:
- Partnerships - we aim to continue to expand our partnerships with festivals, colleges, universities and conferences to deliver insightful dialogue around the issues we face in our communities;
- Staff - we're hiring a Producer. Talks are already underway with a few freelance producers and we think this will contribute to a successful season;
- Live Events - we are producing 6 live event recordings this season;
- Weekly Production - we will be making shorter, more focused works which will aim to take the direction of a more rewarding sound rather than just an open ended conversation.
You can expect a more produced sound, more sound design, sound from the field and an overall overhaul of the Red Man Laughing Podcast. Season 5 will be our most ambitious season yet.
HELP US MAKE SEASON 5 OUR BEST SEASON YET!
- Rate, comment & subscribe to our podcast inside of iTunes.
- Share the show far & wide with your friends/family/networks.
- Invite us to your festival, conference, college or university and host a live taping!
- Invite us onto your podcast, blog about the show and tweet or facebook about our new episodes like crazy.
- Support the Indian & Cowboy Media Network - we're proud to be a part of the worlds ONLY Indigenous Podcast Network - you can donate to support us monthly!