After 4 incredible seasons of the Red Man Laughing Podcast we've decided it's time to give back a little. The show has garnered strong support from Indian Country & the mainstream alike over the last 4 seasons and has become well known for its in depth interviews, support of emerging Indigenous artists & for it's biting, sharp & smart comedy style.
At Red Man Laughing we pride ourselves on being a forward looking, contemporary, boundary pushing, independent media company that highlights the good, the bad and the ugly in the relationship between Indigenous Peoples and the mainstream. We've just completed our biggest and best season yet and we're just getting started.
We're lucky to have had the chance to talk to some of Indian Country's finest ass kickers, thinkers & do'ers over the last 4 seasons. We've talked to academics, powwow singers, Youth, elders, writers, doctors, lawyers, community organizers, musicians, visual artists and much more.
We want to share this work - so we're giving it away to YOU for FREE.
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
If you've never heard of the show and want to find out what the fuss is all about - hit the ARCHIVES.
The Red Man Laughing Podcast has enjoyed 4 seasons of comedy, music & interviews and we'd like to offer our collection of close to 100 hours of programming to you to use for your local radio stations.
Whether you're a campus radio station or a rez/community radio station - I'd like to work together with you to bring the show to your listeners!
ADULT THEMES, LANGUAGE AND CONTENT
We will be offering the show AS IS, meaning, some of the adult content, language & themes found within the show need to be edited/cut to fit YOUR STATIONS liking. We are a podcast on the internet and we are not governed by the same rules/regulations as radio stations are.
As stated in the license agreement found below - YOU ARE FREE TO REMIX, CUT & TRANSFORM these works and we encourage you to do so to fit your stations mandate.
Here is a playlist of Season 3 of the show. Have a listen to determine whether this is a good fit for your station.
HOW THIS WILL WORK
- Email me. Let me know where you are & what you're doing currently on your community radio.
- Tell me your plans for airing the Red Man Laughing Podcast.
- We'll talk about the license & the agreement to make sure everyone is clear on the do's and don'ts of the Creative Commons License.
- We'll agree the Creative Commons License covers everything we need to talk about. No need for lawyers. No need for paperwork. This is a handshake deal made in good faith.
- We'll work together to create show ID's, intro's etc. Each episode of the podcast you air MUST have a show pre-roll, mid-roll and an outro plugging the show websites.
- I'll send you the dropbox link with each of the first 4 seasons of the podcast for you to download.
- Remix. Cut. Transform.
- Start airing the podcast on your station.
- We'll add you to our PARTNERS page and aim to cross promote the air dates, etc. for your station.
- You will ensure all advertising, promotion & marketing of the show is down in house, by your station, for the show, and, hopefully, you'll give the show a little love on your own website/social media.
THE LICENSE & AGREEMENT
Essentially, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material.
The licensor (Ryan McMahon Comedy & Red Man Laughing) cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
If you choose to air the podcast, you must:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
No additional restrictions — You (the licensee) may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
The Red Man Laughing Podcast by Ryan McMahon Comedy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://redmanlaughing.com.